You can be a part of Ontario’s growing green energy movement, make money and contribute
to a cleaner environment.
If you are a homeowner, farmer or small business owner, you have the opportunity
to develop a very small renewable electricity generation project (10 kilowatts or
less in size) on your property. Under the microFIT Program, you will be paid a guaranteed
price of $.802kw/h for all the electricity your project produces for at least 20
years. For more information on microFIT please visit the Ontario Power Authority’s
• The microFIT Program is a stream of the Ontario Power Authority’s (OPA) Feed-in
Tariff (FIT) Program for renewable energy in Ontario.
• Inverter Output AC Power≤ 10kw
• A long-term,20 years contract for the payment of electricity produced from the
renewable energy project
• A fixed price for the full term of the contract.
Rooftop Mounted 80.2¢/kwh
Ground Mounted 64.2¢/kwh
As the application process is currently taking approximately 6-10 weeks to process,
and solar installations are for the most part seasonally-based we encourage you to
apply for your microFIT contract today. This is a free on-line application that only
takes a few minutes to complete. You will find complete program and application information
The OPA's Conditional Offer is:
• Non-binding to you the contract holder, you are not committing yourself to installing
a PV system.
• You may cancel your contract at any time - without penalty.
• Guarantees you the 2010 microFIT PV rate of $.802/kW hr for the 20 year term of
• Requires that your PV installation be connected to the grid within 12 months of
receipt of your Conditional Offer in order to honour the 2010 rate.
• Is assignable/transferable to a new property owner in the event you sell your property.
Get your contract now at: http://microfit.powerauthority.on.ca/sign-up-pre.php
If you have any questions regarding the microFIT program or how to complete your
application we would be more than happy to assist you.